2012 U.S. Women’s Mid-Am
Briggs Ranch Golf Club
2818 Rustlers Trail
San Antonio, TX 78245
Briggs Ranch Golf Club was designed by Tom Fazio and opened in 2002. The course features large undulating bent grass greens, which is rare for south Texas. Fazio’s prominent bunkering is a signature feature of the course.
This will be the first national championship conducted at the club, which has hosted sectional qualifying for the USGA Senior Amateur and U.S. Junior Amateur and local qualifying for the U.S. Open. In addition, Briggs Ranch Golf Club hosted the 2010 Texas State Team Championship and the 2008 Texas Grand Slam, which featured Mark Brooks, Justin Leonard, Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw. The course has also served as the host site of the pro-am for the Champions Tour AT&T event.
Volunteers will be needed for shifts October 3 - 11, 2012.
October 3 - 5 - player registration & player practice rounds.
October 6 & 7 - stroke play with 132 players, with morning and afternoon starting times.
October 8 – 11:
- Monday, October 8 - Match Play Round One - 64 players
- Tuesday, October 9 - Match Play Round Two (a.m.) - 32 players
- Tuesday, October 9 - Match Play Round Three (p.m.) - 16 players
- Wednesday, October 10 - Match Play Quarterfinals (a.m.) - 8 players
- Wednesday, October 10 - Match Play Semi-finals (p.m.) - 4 players
- Thursday, October 11 - Championship Final (a.m.)
You will be able to get you uniform when you check-in for your first shift. You will be asked to pay the uniform fee by cash or check.
- Must be 16 years of age or older (minors must have guardian attend orientation with them).
- Purchase a volunteer uniform , which includes a golf shirt and hat.
- Wear khaki pants or shorts as well as comfortable shoes to complete the volunteer uniform. ($40.00 plus processing fees)
- Complimentary breakfast/lunch as well as drinks/snacks depending upon shift(s) volunteered.
- Free parking and shuttle service.
- Any volunteer who completes 2 or more full shifts (at least 12 hours) will qualify for one free round of golf at Briggs Ranch Golf Club.
*Terms and Restrictions Apply
- Volunteer is able to transfer his or her earned round of golf. The name of the person to which the round is being transferred must be given by the end of the volunteer’s second completed shift.
- If volunteer would like to work an additional two shifts, he or she will qualify for another free round of golf that can be transferred to an additional person.
If you would like to caddie please contact:
To volunteer for this event please proceed to the blue Register Now button on the top right hand corner of this page.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact:
San Antonio Sports
Phone: (210) 820- 2191
* Volunteer golf outings are limited to pre-selected dates between mid October and December 31.